ImageChef.com - Create custom images

Friday, April 18, 2008

Away for a while.

As soon as this never-ending workday ends, I'll be leaving for the other side of the state to my brother-in-law's house for our annual Spring fishing trip. This year looks very promising because the day/night temp's should be favorable for the bass to start their pre-spawn activity which is usually the best time of the year for fishing for bass. At least this is the best time of year that the big fish come shallow before the spawn. I can't wait. Last spring I went for only a couple of days and it was very cold. It was even snowing on us at times. I've waited out the winter, I've got my gear all prepped, I even had to reorganize my entire setup and re-use my old tackle box because I have so much stuff now. Christine was watching me organize it all the other night and she asked, "Are you even gonna be able to use all of that stuff in a week." I told her that's not the point, the point is that I'm prepared for anything that comes my way.
It looks like we're gonna get rained on a couple of days but I picked up new rain gear so I'm ready.

My brother-in-law doesn't have internet access at his house so this is a way for me to completely "unplug" myself from everything. No e-mail, no blogging, just God, Brian, and creation and hopefully some big fish!

There is nothing else (that I've found so far) that is as relaxing for me than to be out fishing. I'm looking forward for a solid week of it and I praying that I come back relaxed, renewed and refreshed.

I'll post some pictures from the trip when I get back and hopefully I'll break my big fish record this year.

1 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Have fun! Guess we'll be hearing from you much more now that you can fish again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home