ImageChef.com - Create custom images

Monday, January 05, 2009

Goals for 2009

My friend Melissa challenged folks to list their goals for 2009.

I admit. I'm not the type to do this type of stuff. I don't like to be so organized, and I don't like to set myself up for failure. Besides, isn't there some type of saying that goes something like "if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." For some reason, I just don't want God to laugh at me. That's sort of creepy.

Here's what I'd like to see happen for myself for 2009 in no prioritized order.

  1. Think creative thoughts so that I have something to write on this blog about.
  2. Obtain mad Adobe After Effects skillz to produce awesome looking content for Rock Spring.
  3. Break my largemouth bass record from last year.
  4. Spend more quality time with my kids before they grow up on me.
  5. Live with my eyes open for the opportunities that God brings my way for me to share Him with those around me that need to be introduced to Him.
There are others, but like I said, I don't want to set myself up for failure.

So what about you? Post some comments!

6 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Lizzie said...

i would like to know where the best place is to go so i can catch large mouth bass in west va..

however..... if there are bears..... nevermind.....

:)

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jamison C. Jennings said...

Lizzie,
You like to fish?

When I go in the Spring with my bro-in-law I go to his house which is on the other side of the state (300 miles away). There are 3 lakes within 30 minutes of his house. O'brien, Elk Fork, and Woodrum. We have gone to Stonewall Jackson which is a two hour trip from his house but in Central WV. Stonewall and Elk Fork are the two best in WV, according to the WV sporting magazines.

Near here....There's Sleepy Creek Lake, but that's where the bears and timber rattlers are. As many times as I've been there, I've seen neither, but everyone I run into when I fish there keeps telling to keep my eyes open for the snakes. I don't like snakes, I fear them tremendously. Actually, if you want to meet Jesus really quick, just put a snake near me. :) 120+ trophy size largemouth came out of Sleepy Creek in the late 90's. Other than that, there's the rivers and the Opequon, known for Smallmouth but also known for the trash.

I have a secret place on private land with two ponds that I could take you to, but it's on a farm and you can't be afraid of cows. This year, the cows stayed away but Canadian geese took up residence and nested and I happened to walk up on a few that quickly let me know that I was not welcome there, but they didn't come after me, they just hissed at me. My 2007 record came out of one of these farm ponds. My 2008 record came out of Elk Fork.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Lizzie said...

awesome!!!
i do love to fish, but never get around to it because no one believes me that i, a girl, like to fish!

soooooooooo, how close is this place close to us that has snakes and bears? i am being serious lol, how close are we to bears?

and actually, this is bad, i am deathly afraid of cows. they have very weird eyes...... lol

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Jamison C. Jennings said...

Seriously, you don't like cows because they have weird eyes? lol that's funny.

I live halfway between Charles Town and Inwood. Sleepy Creek is 31 miles from my house but it takes an hour to get to because the last 7 miles are all gravel road with major potholes so you have to take it nice and slow. And btw, it's in the mountains, hence the bears and snakes, plus it's a wildlife reserve place that's why when DNR captures a bear in "public" they take them there.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Lizzie said...

so then i am taking it that i am actually safe to walk around my neighborhood??? lol

and yes, cows have weird eyes, they move them and stare deeply at you all while chewing away on grass and i dunno they just scare me to death!!! big giant monsters with weird eyeballs lol.

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can help you with #3 on your list if you can find your way to TN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home