ImageChef.com - Create custom images

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Best trip so far

Well, it was a successful week. The best week yet actually. Seems like we picked the right time to go this year. After finding out that the one lake wasn't quite warming up we switched to another lake and were catching the fish right before they started to move up to their beds for the spawn. Once we found that out at that lake we moved back to the first lake to find that the fish were coming out from the deep and in the shallows, hungry for top water lures.

We got rain the first and second days that we were there. The first being the worst, we had our gear on but were still soaked, especially our feet.

We caught some really nice ones and some really nice ones got away. (they were <_____________________________________________________>this big) :)

Brian (my brother in law) got a hook deep in his finger and had to cut the hook and push it through the other side of his finger. I don't think it tickled because he wasn't laughing.

I broke my all time record by 9 ounces, a 4lb 9oz largemouth: (you can click on the pictures for larger images)


I also caught a 3lb 9oz largemouth:

Brian caught some nice ones:
4lbs 6oz


4lbs 11oz


5lbs 6oz


I also caught a 11oz crappie and it was pretty so we took a picture:


Great trip, relaxing but tiring at the same time. Brian likes to get out on the water before any type of light is present which means we were getting up at 4:45 every morning. I told him I don't see 4:45 unless I'm going to bed...I came back a day early cause I missed my girls, they were excited to welcome me home.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Nice fish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home